Friends, fun, the joy of being together, and with excellent Vismara cold cuts to nibble on, the aperitif becomes perfect.
Mozzarella in carrozza (battered mozzarella)
- 25 minuti
- 4 porzioni
4 slices of white bread
100 g Fresh Cooked Ham Piacere Vismara
4 tablespoons of flour
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
100 ml sparkling water
- Batter preparation: break the egg into a bowl and add the flour; work the mixture to ensure that there are no lumps and add the water little by little so that it becomes nice and smooth; if it is too dense, add a little more water.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and the slices of bread in half obtaining rectangles; place on 4 of these rectangles a slice of cooked ham and a strip of mozzarella.
- Cover each slice of bread and contents with a second slice of bread, pressing the edges firmly.
- Pour the peanut oil into a high-sided pan and bring the oil to temperature: it should be hot so it doesn’t absorb into the bread and batter too much!
- Dip each piece of mozzarella in the batter and squash the edges together. Place into the hot oil and cook for a couple of minutes, making sure to turn them over halfway through cooking.
- When it is golden, remove the mozzarella in carrozza from the oil and lay it on absorbent paper for a few minutes. Serve whilst still hot!