Let’s find out together the most appetizing main courses to enrich your table with Vismara;)
Calabrian Pipi Chini with Vismarissima Mortadella
- 30 minuti
- 6 porzioni
10/12 round red peppers
8 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons of Parmigiano Reggiano DOP
1 thick slice of Vismarissima mortadella
50 grams of diced provolone
half a clove of garlic and parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, parsley and chopped garlic in a bowl.
- Add a few tablespoons of water and mix well by hand.
- Add the diced mortadella and provolone (possibly some capers if available) and then a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until the dough is rather moist and sticky.
- Wash and clean the peppers, cutting off the top and hollow them out.
- Fill each pepper with the filling, place them on a baking tray greased with a little oil, pour a little oil over them and bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes.
- After this time, bring the temperature to 180 ° for another 15 minutes.
Please, as per the best Calabrian cuisine tradition, eat them cold!